Energy Use Management
The following design features were included to limit Ironbank's power consumption, it was designed to operate using on average 27% of the energy of a standard commercial building.
Central roof-mounted solar panels have been provided for heating hot water to the tenancies to minimise electrical consumption.
All public space luminaires are controlled via a series of movement sensors which will turn the lights on/off if personnel movement or vehicular movement is detected/not detected during normal hours.
The tenancy lighting is provided by the Landlord as part of the base building via an integrated system of recessed channels with highly efficient T5 luminaries. The tenancy lighting is switched in small groups via a central switch panel to enable users to switch off lighting not required. Tenancy toilet lighting is switched via a movement sensor.
External lighting is on photocell and time clock control with manual over ride switches. The lighting is designed to operate around normal business hours after dusk. Motion detectors have been installed in all public spaces and toilet areas for automatic occupant switching.
- Do let Samson know if you identify any sensor lighting issues
- Do let Samson know if there are any unusual energy spikes
- Do turn off lights within your tenancy that aren’t required
- Do instruct colleagues to turn off computers at the end of the day
- Consider using a carbon certified energy supplier like Ecotricity. https://ecotricity.co.nz/